Customer Focused. Custom Solutions.
Decades of Experience.
Holistic, Multi-functional Perspective.
Successful businesses are equal parts successful solutions (products, service, technology) and business models (how you do business and make money). From concept to execution, planning and action go hand-in-hand.
The planning process enables businesses to ask questions and formulate strategies. The greatest value is found in the process of planning – getting the team to a shared vision, identifying opportunities, and aligning the organization to achieve its goals. The best plans encourage multiple perspectives. The best planning processes encourage open dialogue and the ability to integrate diverse perspectives to identify the best paths forward.
The ability to take a holistic approach to balance the solution (product, service, technology) that you provide with the ability to build a business model that maximizes the impact of your solution and long-term value and profit requires a multi-functional perspective. Impact companies are those that want to innovate what they deliver and how they deliver it.
Too many businesses focus only on the “product” or the “business”. Successful, sustainable, scalable, profitable businesses do both.
Undercapitalization is one of the biggest challenges to business growth. How do you grow without working and expansion funds? You don’t. Your funding strategy and the cost of those funds can make or break your business. There is no “free” money. However, you do have options that include non-dilutive funding (government grant programs (SBIR, STTR, etc.)), debt, equity, advanced sales, and donations. How do you know what the right mix is for your business? What are the trade-offs? What strings and regulations are attached?
Independent, external board members that bring financial, business, strategic, and operational skills are important to future growth. Recruiting board members that bring different perspectives (gender, education, culture, race, and experiences) will enable your organization to identify and pursue new markets and innovate products and services.
Get Better Insights and Actionable Guidance.
Grow Stronger and Faster!
Successful organizations change to pursue new opportunities, meet new challenges, and provide innovative solutions. Organizations must constantly monitor the marketplace for trends and emerging needs and problems – to solve profitably.
Connect with a broader market. Get more customers. Grow your business.
Develop Strategies, Systems, and Structures that support financial success and support your community.
Financial Performance, Sustainability, DEIB, and Corporate Responsibility
Implement Corporate Governance & Compliance, DEIB, and Social Missions.
New Owner Existing Business – You just purchased an existing business and you are a first-time business owner. FOCUS works with you to ensure that the business thrives! Existing businesses come with established ways of doing things. Those ways may or may not be what the business needs to grow. Also, if you have no prior experience owning a business, there can be a lot of things to learn. The “I wish I’d known that” items can be costly. FOCUS provides the support and business experience to enable your business to thrive while you are growing into your new role.
- Financial oversight
- Business systems redesign (websites, marketing, accounting, and more)
- Strategic guidance
- Executive business coaching
- C-Level services
- New Business – You’re starting from an idea that you are passionate about. You want to make a difference. You also want to make money. Things aren’t working quite the way you thought they would. “Build it and they will come” is a field of dreams. Build it and help them find you is more realistic. FOCUS provides you with the tools and insights that enable you to maximize your limited budget and get your business going. Begin with a FOCUSed plan that identifies your C.O.R.E. elements, our team works with you on the things that matter.
- Established Businesses – As an established business, you know nothing stays the same. The competition for qualified team members, the rising labor costs and inflation, regulations, and a hundred and one other things are impacting your business. You survived COVID shutdowns. Now you need to deal with the effects of inflation, supply chain shortages and disruptions, multi-generational workforces, and so much more. You want to thrive not just survive, so you need strategies, tools, and resources that enable you to scale, pivot, and profit. What’s the next step for your business? Let FOCUS work with you to build on what is working and put in place new tools, methods, and systems to make your business strong and capable.
- SBIR or STTR Recipient Businesses – If you are a small business participating in the US SBIR or STTR programs, then you need your business to comply with the “strings” that this “free money” comes with. You have to have policies, procedures, accounting systems, and many other elements that are specifically required through the terms and conditions of these programs. FOCUS guides our clients through the compliance process from the first award.
Request a Strategic Business Assessment or Strategy Session
It’s a different world today than yesterday. Is your business thriving?
Build Innovative, Diverse, Scalable Organizations!
Your business model, the how you do business and make money, can be a significant competitive advantage. If you want outpace the competition, you need clear vision and goals.
Organizations need to learn and change to compete.
They also need to build the most efficient and effective business processes and systems aligned to go for the goal!
Whether your business is for-profit or non-profit, a traditional business or social benefit organization, one-size fits all solutions will not maximize your results. You need customized solutions that fit you, your team, and your community. We provide solutions that fit your business. Every dollar you invest in transforming your business requires a return on that investment. We believe your investment has to address the problems and constraints on growth. We don’t treat the symptoms, but the root cause.
Be My Guest on Focus on Business Radio!
Do you have a great business success story? Are you a subject matter expert, author, or influencer? I’d like to hear about you. Please complete the Be My Guest Application.