Host Lea Strickland talks with Dean Clancy of Compact for America about the Balanced Budget Compact, NC House Bill 366 and why North Carolina and America need a federal balanced budget amendment to the constitution now.
Learn About Compact for America
Listen to the Podcast
Contact Chair of NC Appropriations Committee Nelson Dollar to request HB366 be passed by Appropriations Committee now!
Representative Nelson Dollar
Republican – District 36
N.C. House of Representatives
300 N. Salisbury Street, Room 307B
Raleigh, NC 27603-5925
About Today’s Guest:
Guest: Dean Clancy
- An expert in Federal Health and Budget Policy
- A Member, Board of Scholars of the Compact for America Educational Foundation
- consultant, analyst, and
- opinion writer on U.S. health care, budget, and entitlement policy
- And a Strong supporter of the Balanced Budget Compact (North Carolina bill HB366)
He is a former senior official in the White House, Congress, and the health care industry, he has served as:
- a legislative advisor to the U.S. House Majority Leader (1995-2001)
- on the Senate staff of the congressional Joint Economic Committee (2009-2010)
- staff director of the President’s Council on Bioethics (2001 – 2004)
- top White House budget official on health care and entitlements (2004 – 2006)
Dean also has private sector experience includes successful tours as vice president of a multi-billion dollar medical device manufacturing company and vice president of the six-million member FreedomWorks, where he coordinated the group’s policy and political action strategies.
Dean is a vocal advocate for
- market-oriented health reform and
- a return to fiscal common sense and constitutionally limited government.
He is also a Strong supporter of the Balanced Budget Compact (North Carolina bill HB366)
Dean is also a founder of Adams Auld LLC, a Washington, D.C., based consultancy that helps clients advance the causes of civil rights, individual liberty, and constitutionally limited government.
You can read Dean’s columns in the national press including at U.S. News and World Report. He hails from Aurora, Colorado. He lives in Virginia with his wife and four children.
Dean Clancy can be reached at Dean.Clancy@CompactforAmercia.org
Follow Him on Twitter: @deanclancy.